Saturday, February 23, 2013

Scrapbooking Approach

I have a lot of scrapbooking catch up to do after many years of starts and stops.

I remember the first time I saw a really fun scrapbook at a craft fair "Walk in the Park". I was immediately hooked. The woman  was a Creative Memories vendor. I walked that path for awhile but it was so slow and messy. I didn't have a dedicated place to work so I spent more time getting supplies out and putting them away again with very little progress. My SIL introduced me to digital scrapbooking and I have never looked back. These digi ladies have taught me how to use Photoshop creatively which has segued into my fiber art as well. I love that you can spend a few minutes on a layout and it stays in your computer until you get back to it. The mess is stored in my brain and PC.

The next step in my scrapbooking timeline was the advent of book publishers. My choice is Blurb. There are many more. Persnickety Prints prints single pages if you would like to load them into your own scrapbooks or embellish them further.

I've looked at and admired the work of many scrapbookers who have raised scrapbooking to an art form. In the end I've decided for me, getting the story told is what I want and that means a lot of pictures and the stories that go with them. Skip the elements. Give me a good piece of paper and I'm a happy camper.

I have bits and pieces of our family stories but estimate I am 25 years (yes, you heard me) behind. I have a plan which I will share in my next post. I am currently scrapping memories from 2011 and offer a few pages for your viewing.


No comments: